Cluture, Food, In General ...

Today I attended a family get together in Dombivali. Typical faces, hi hello stuff, introductions, pangat style food, agrah etc. etc. etc. .. upto some extent I enjoy it but sometimes it becomes boring as well. After so many days I saw lot of brahmin faces at once. Only places like girgaon, dadar, parle thane and dombivali have ample quality of brahmins left.

Me being from Ghatkopar for last 25+ years, surrounded by gujjus only. Otherwise who else will give me company on paani puri, sandwitch, dosa, juice, kulfi on roadside gaadis ? It must be all manis bhai, pares bhai, hetal, jigna, kokila ben, ramnik bhai and Baa only :-) And all baban, santos, bablu as gaadiwalas serving dishes. Paani puri wale ke paas to apnaa debit account hai. I pay him once at the begining every week and he keeps all the hisaab. Going out for coffee at late night after 12:30 is another experience. My sis gives me company most of the time. Actually its her who asks me to go out for coffee at such odd times... whatever ... Finding a coffeewala who carries coffee can on his bicycle .. waaah ...

One great food love incidence when I took my sister to maddu mess. Maddu mess is a place outside IIT campus, a small house in which a guy called maddu (dont know his real name) makes dosas. The USP is he starts his dosa making at 4:45 am and closes it at 8:30 am. And in that time almost all hungry iitians jump in there after spending whole night in their labs. Few months back when my sister was preparing for her final semester exam, I forced her to come to maddu mess once. She finished her studies by 4:30 and we took a ric to go there. I was 'highly respected' guy there as I was with a girl ;-) I told my sis not to call me mandar dada :-D . Despite of he surrounding atmosphere, the taste was awesome .. we had few idlis, medu wadas, daal wadas, onion dosas  and at the end a solid tasty coffee. What a treat for my sis .. he he he ...
But due to maddu food effect my sis got 70% up for the first time in her engineering and won the fast track watch from me. This is a secret .. the reason behind great IIT brains ;-)

0 comments: